Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > More About Classical Music...
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

View Poll Results: What type of music do you like to play best?
Medieval (476-1400) 0 0%
Renaissance (1400-1600) 0 0%
Baroque (1600-1750) 4 44.44%
Classical (1750-1820) 1 11.11%
Romantic (1820-1900) 1 11.11%
Modern (1900+) 1 11.11%
Don't pay attention to what period it's from 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2005, 03:31 AM
Mentor Registered User

I'm a silly pickle. (Sorry, my little brothers got to watch VeggiTales once.)
Old 12-20-2005, 03:34 AM
Pro-Mentor Registered User

I LOVE VeggieTales!!! My 2 yr old brother is always telling me that i'm "harry tutumber" (Larry the cucumber) and he's "Bobamato" (Bob the tomato).
Old 12-20-2005, 03:41 AM
Mentor Registered User

I think they're so stupid, they're funny.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:24 PM
Junior Registered User

That's interesting, 3 votes for baroque and none for classical, no great mozart fans out there then?
Out of interest where would Beethoven come? Late classical or early romantic?
Or should he have a whole era to himself?
Old 12-20-2005, 08:29 PM
Zealot Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew
That's interesting, 3 votes for baroque and none for classical, no great mozart fans out there then?
Out of interest where would Beethoven come? Late classical or early romantic?
Or should he have a whole era to himself?

I think timeline-wise he's Classical, but really he's transitional between the two periods. I think that means he's a category unto himself.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Awww...I'm stuck in between classical/baroque/modern...it depends on what I'm playing for, the accompaniment, and the ensemble...Dang...it probably doesn't let you vote 3 times, either...I hate choices...
Old 12-22-2005, 01:19 AM
Zealot Registered User

Send a message via AIM to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via MSN to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via Yahoo to MCAACMPSR2007

I don't look at what it is when I pick it out, unless it has to be in a certain time period, but I could play anything, and be happy, (okay not anything not MHS music that is)... I'm not to keen on playing something so many years in a row, unless it's an alma mater (nurturing mother, for all of you non-Latin speaking folk)... I had to put down the last choice, because I'd rather be playing Ancient Greek and Roman music, and musical instruments, like the tibicine (or two bikinis as my friend calls them) and the cornu, or and especially the Hydraulis (their organ).
Old 12-22-2005, 02:58 AM
Zealot Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAACMPSR2007
I don't look at what it is when I pick it out, unless it has to be in a certain time period, but I could play anything, and be happy, (okay not anything not MHS music that is)... I'm not to keen on playing something so many years in a row, unless it's an alma mater (nurturing mother, for all of you non-Latin speaking folk)... I had to put down the last choice, because I'd rather be playing Ancient Greek and Roman music, and musical instruments, like the tibicine (or two bikinis as my friend calls them) and the cornu, or and especially the Hydraulis (their organ).

Ah! I should have put "pre-medieval" as an option. Didn't think there would be a demand for that, though.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:00 AM
Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAACMPSR2007

Its been about time, you post again!!! How you been?!?! Whats new?!

Merry Christmas!!!
Old 12-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Zealot Registered User

Send a message via AIM to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via MSN to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via Yahoo to MCAACMPSR2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinViolin
Ah! I should have put "pre-medieval" as an option. Didn't think there would be a demand for that, though.

Don't blame me, blame my Latin Instructor, they really got me going on Rome it's language the influences on it, ah it's great, plus it helps with learning what the wrod means, because you can see the Latin in many English Words... And then the history is great, and apparently I am related to one of the people in our book, named Boudica (Queen of the Iceni, if you know about ancient tribes of Britain), and also to Julius Caesar's sister (yes THE JULIUS CAESAR). I don't tknow is just one time period,/era/whatever you want to call it, that really interests me.