Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Suggestions > New Sheet Music Suggestions
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

View Poll Results: Do you?
Yes 7 63.64%
No 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2006, 08:16 PM
Zealot Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley
I need to get one, that sure would help!!!! Not to mention, it would make my family happier too.

If you do get one, make sure you spend the little bit of extra money to get a keyboard that has velocity sensitive keys. Most decent electronic keyboards do these days, but some of the very cheap ones still don't. It will drive you nuts if you can't do dynamics based on how hard you hit the keys.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Pro-Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinViolin
If you do get one, make sure you spend the little bit of extra money to get a keyboard that has velocity sensitive keys. Most decent electronic keyboards do these days, but some of the very cheap ones still don't. It will drive you nuts if you can't do dynamics based on how hard you hit the keys.
A friend of mine from church gave me his keyboard that he never used and it doesn't have velocity sensitive keys. It drives me nuts when I play it!!!!!! I'm looking for one that does but I'm not having much luck.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Senior Registered User

I spent about 400 euros for my keyboard. It's a good Casio, although Yamaha and Roland (Korg if you want to go on the less expensive part)
It depends even if you want special effects, or accuracy. Like, a normal 5 octave keyboard or a 7 one (about 18 Kg, and much more expensive). Modern keyboard record, transfer to the computer, biuld rhythms, have many sounds, you can octave shift, transpose and thousands of other functions.
Make sure to get a good one with the right reverb for piano sounds (it's very annoying to hear a sound without the right echo and reverb. I think it's called DSP function.
If you want good headphones you must spend more than 30 dollars for sure.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:20 PM
Zealot Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia
I spent about 400 euros for my keyboard. It's a good Casio, although Yamaha and Roland (Korg if you want to go on the less expensive part)
It depends even if you want special effects, or accuracy. Like, a normal 5 octave keyboard or a 7 one (about 18 Kg, and much more expensive). Modern keyboard record, transfer to the computer, biuld rhythms, have many sounds, you can octave shift, transpose and thousands of other functions.
Make sure to get a good one with the right reverb for piano sounds (it's very annoying to hear a sound without the right echo and reverb. I think it's called DSP function.
If you want good headphones you must spend more than 30 dollars for sure.

Wow...BH Photo has a Yamaha kit for $159. 61 keys . Yamaha PSR-E303 with Survival kit. Looks like the E203 doesn't have touch sensitive by E303 does.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...egoryNavigation

That includes a 'survival kit' with headphones, pedal, and AC Adapter.

I guess these really have come down in price
Old 01-09-2006, 12:04 AM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinViolin

I need one of those...my keyboard has been driving me nuts for years. It's always great to go to a friend's house who has a piano...cuz I can use dynamics!! lol. Yeah, I've been wanting a keyboard with velocity sensitive keys and saves stuff you write on it forever, but they're WAY too expensive. My parents would never get me one. (the one I really want...I forget what kind it is...is more than $1000, and since I'm not a pianist, they don't wanna spend that much money that's probably not gonna do me any good)
Old 01-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Pihvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia
When you say ragtime, I think of Scott Joplin, but no one else... I like Joplin. Who else wrote ragtime?

I Like MUCH Joplin and ragtime!!
Old 01-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Pipari

Me too!!!!!
Old 01-09-2006, 02:24 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Pihvi

Lol we both say that in any thread
Old 01-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Pipari

Yep...!! =/ Lol
Old 01-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Mentor Registered User

we have some and love them! they are great!