Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Instruments > Organ
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 08-13-2005, 10:40 PM
Zealot Registered User

Send a message via AIM to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via MSN to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via Yahoo to MCAACMPSR2007

But when you are looking at the range of the instrument, which is very wide, you may want to consider the sound of the note that you select, Because of the harshness of some of the notes...
Old 08-14-2005, 03:25 AM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Okay, so what's the actual range you would WANT to write in? If it goes from the low C in bass, to however high you want to go on the treble part...wait, you DID answer for the PEDALS, right? I mean, how in the WORLD could a foot reach that far...it couldn't POSSIBLY go that high, since you're playing with your foot, could it? *confused*
Old 08-14-2005, 07:46 AM
Zealot Registered User

Send a message via AIM to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via MSN to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via Yahoo to MCAACMPSR2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccologurl156
Okay, so what's the actual range you would WANT to write in? If it goes from the low C in bass, to however high you want to go on the treble part...wait, you DID answer for the PEDALS, right? I mean, how in the WORLD could a foot reach that far...it couldn't POSSIBLY go that high, since you're playing with your foot, could it? *confused*

Yo, piccy (sorry I had to say something weird), the stops on the organ, allow you to change the range of it, for instance on my churches organ, there are 2 sides of stops, two hand manuals, and then the foot pedals, anyway, with the stops, an 4th space E in treble clef (played on the manuals), could conceivably be a 7th Ledger space E (ya know the 7th space above the treble clef), and on the feet a 3rd line D in Bass Clef, could be a 6th ledger line B below bass clef... do you catch the drift of the organ a little better now? If not I'll try to explain more later...
Old 08-19-2005, 11:44 PM
Mentor Registered User

Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

That helped a little I guess...lol. I guess I'd have to see one up close...grr, you're lucky.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:15 AM
Zealot Registered User

Here's another site that might help... http://www.agohq.org/guide/pages/chapters.html

and then of course the American Guild of Organists site
http://www.agohq.org/home.html
Old 08-27-2005, 04:11 AM
Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAACMPSR2007
Here's another site that might help... http://www.agohq.org/guide/pages/chapters.html

and then of course the American Guild of Organists site
http://www.agohq.org/home.html

K. Thanks
Old 09-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Expert Registered User

This is such a brave endeavor.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:56 AM
Junior Registered User

Default organ

As a new player of organ you must memorize basic keys.
Organ players can change keys by a half step or a whole step using the finger sliding technique. Change the key of an organ chord using the music tips in this free organ lesson video from a church organist.