Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Ensembles > Brass Quintet
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 03-08-2006, 05:29 AM
Junior Registered User

Post Brass Music

Hello, im a 20 years mexican, im a tuba player and conductor, i play in the youth national symphony (of Mexico ), in the yout philarmonic of Mexico city, and the Amadeus Chamber Orchestra (the one that i conduct too). Now im starting this Youth Brass Ensemble, and i'm looking for brass music, that's why i became member of this page, but the thing here is that you have a few music for brass, so i want to know if you are gonna upload more???

I will love, found new pieces, like ummmm, dunno, maybe something like Amazing grace for brass, u know? beatles things... and of course more classical stuff.

Thanks for reading this ^^, and excuse my english....it sux
Old 03-09-2006, 05:23 AM
Expert Registered User

there are eight good pieces in the brass quintet section, I can personally recommend the Eine kleine Nachtmusik, and the Mozart K407. I haven't explored the quartet stuff, but there looks to be some good stuff in there. If your brass ensemble is larger, you may have to double up on parts.

I suspect the Beatles's music is still in copyright, and will be for a looooong time!

I'm a tuba player too; it's always good to have another tuba player to talk with!
Check out the Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring in the tuba section, it's dead easy but very effective!
Sue

Last edited by Fabrizio - VSM : 03-09-2006 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:55 PM
CEO

Hello here, and thank you for your posts.

Of course, we can add more brass pieces. Just suggest your preferred titles!

We can absolutely make a transcription of Amazing Grace for brass. Do you prefer to have it for quartet or quintet? Please, let me know your preferences...

About the Beatles, yes, Sue is correct, we can't yet publish their music because of copyrights...

Thank you again and look forward for your thoughts.

Sincerely,
Old 03-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Junior Registered User

Thanks a lot for the answers

Sue is a pleasure know a girl that play the tuba , here in Mexico there's only one or two girls that play this wonderful instrument, lol.

Fabrizzio, ty for the answer, if u can upload the amazing grace for brass quintet it would be awesome , about the other titles i have been thinking on this ones:

The Greensleeves
Carmen suite - Bizet
Grand march from Aida - Verdi

I conduct this youth chamber orchestra, and i have tons of music for orchestra (strings), they are all on paper, so if u need some piece, i can send it to u scaned. Im trying to do some arrangments, for my quintet, but the problem is that i have not enough time, i go to school on mornings (i study computational systems enginering) so if u wanna ask me something about programming i can help u too.

Tks a lot for everything ^^
Old 03-10-2006, 02:23 AM
Expert Registered User

How about Hebrides Overture (Fingal's Cave)? It could work as a quintet, but would work even better for an orchestral brass line up, four trumpets, four horrns, three trombones, tuba.

Or even a British style brass ensemble, like the Philip Jones Brass Ensemble used, for the large group: four trumpets, one horn, three or four trombones, tuba.

Sue
Old 03-10-2006, 02:24 AM
Expert Registered User

lotsa girls playing tuba here. I even have an all-girl tuba-euphonium quartet called Tuba Divas.
Sue
Old 03-10-2006, 04:30 PM
CEO

acidjos,
you are very welcome!

Please, tell me if you prefer to have it for brass quartet or quintet.

Thank you again.

Sincerely,
Old 03-11-2006, 03:57 AM
Junior Registered User

Brass Quintet plz and thanks ^^
Old 03-12-2006, 12:34 AM
CEO

Thank you for your information. We'll keep it in mind...

All the best,
Old 03-17-2006, 12:41 AM
Expert Registered User

More brass quintet stuff for me too please, Fabrizio. Especially quintet music with challenging tuba parts.......!! (only kidding, I'll play whatever's in front of me)
Sue