Piano, Guitar, Violin, Voice, Trumpet, Cello, more...
Bach, Beethoven, Mozart,
This Terms of Service page (drafted on March 23, 1999 and reviewed on April 24, 2023), describes the rights and obligations of Virtual Sheet Music (identified as "The Vendor") and the musician/client/guest/member
(identified as "The Customer").
|VENDOR RIGHTS & OBLIGATIONS:|
1) The Vendor agrees to provide all purchasable sheet music in PDF digital format exclusively.
2) The Vendor will offer The Customer a choice of delivery of all downloaded music:
via direct download or via e-mail attachment. All files are to be
provided in PDF
format (*.PDF), complete with all parts. Delivery via conventional
in print or other graphical formats, is not available at this time.
3) The Vendor guarantees that The Customer will receive full assistance in matters
concerning download operations, both before and after payment has been
made. The Vendor declines to accept any responsibility, in any form, for
damages and losses incurred by The Customer.
4) The Vendor is not responsible for any problems related to The Customer's
connection, web browser, computer configuration or other software used before, during or
a site browsing session or a file download operation.
5) The Vendor provides complete assistance to The Customer with any questions
related to the downloaded music.
6) The Vendor is not responsible for The Customer's intended and/or actual usage
of any downloaded music and whether such usage causes harm to any third
7) The Vendor is not responsible for any content posted on the site by users.
8) The Vendor is not responsible for any malfunction and/or poor
performance of its web site. In such cases, The Vendor, upon notification from The Customer
agrees to take the necessary steps to attempt to resolve the
9) The Vendor guarantees that if any Virtual Sheet Music paid product or service fails to meet The Customer's expectations, The Vendor will refund the full cost of the products or service. The Vendor states that conforming to the new Visa/MasterCard regulations, the refund period is limited to 90 days after purchase. After that period The Customer can request a refund only through his bank.
10) The Vendor is not responsible for any problem(s) and/or complaints arising
from payment processing, which is done via PayPal® Payflow gateway service (formerly managed by VeriSign®).
|CUSTOMER RIGHTS & OBLIGATIONS:|
1) The Customer shall not hold The Vendor liable for any matter outside of its
sphere of responsibility, or for any problem outside the scope of this web site.
2) The Customer agrees to read and abide by the regulations regarding copyrights
License Agreement, as outlined in this Terms of Service page.
3) The Customer shall not hold The Vendor legally responsible for any malfunction of
this web site, for lack of satisfaction with a purchase, or any other matter
resulting from a transaction made via this web site.
4) The Customer acknowledges that The Vendor cannot and will not deliver any downloaded music via conventional mail, neither in printed format nor in other graphical formats that are not "PDF".
5) The Customer understands that any downloaded music will be made available
for download only following payment made through PayPal® Payflow gateway (credit card processing, formerly managed by VeriSign®) or other method agreed with The Vendor.
6) The Customer is aware of Paragraph 4 as described earlier in
& Obligations", regarding problems resulting from The Customer's Internet connection, hardware and software used during browsing and downloading, etc.
7) The Customer who is subscribed as a Member agrees not to abuse exclusive access to Virtual Sheet Music archives, engage in mass-downloading of sheet music, or congest the server with consequential damage to other users.
8) The Customer agrees not to divulge, publish on a web, sell, or give to a third party any music downloaded, without The Vendor's prior consent.
9) The Customer is aware that a refund cannot be requested directly by The Vendor after 90 days from the date of the purchase of the product or service (see point No. 9 of the "VENDOR RIGHTS & OBLIGATIONS" above). Also, the Customer is aware that if a Membership refund is requested, the refunded amount will be calculated by subtracting any discounts that were applied to purchased discounted items.
10) The Customer understands and accepts that The Vendor is not responsible for any user generated content around the site.
11) The Customer understands and accepts that The Vendor can change the price of its products or services at any moment without notice and cannot be held accountable of any related losses or damages, nor can bear the responsibility to refund any price difference of such products or services.
12) The Customer understands and accepts that, due to copyright issues, published works marked as "for U.S. customers only" are usable by U.S. customers only and not by customers from other countries. In the same manner any work marked as "not for U.S. customers" is not usable by U.S. customers, but by customers from other countries only. Please read all details in the Copyrights section below. The Vendor is absolutely not accountable for The Customer negligence in this regard.
13) The Customer is aware that, in the event of litigation of any kind with The Vendor, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover attorney fees and expenses from the other party.
14) The Customer unconditionally accepts the contents of this document, both before and after a music purchase or even by just using or browsing the website and its features.
15) The Customer understands and accepts that this license agreement is governed by the laws of the state of California (USA) where the VIRTUAL SHEET MUSIC, Inc. firm resides.
1) Virtual Sheet Music distributes public domain music as well copyrighted music according to the current copyright law.
2) In no case can The Vendor make available for free download any music whose copyrights are currently exclusively held by others.
3) The Customer agrees not to violate any Vendor's copyrights on all distributed
PDF documents (music and text) and on these web pages. All duplication, reproduction, sale and advertising of the aforementioned documents is strictly forbidden without prior written consent from The Vendor.
4) The Customer is aware that Virtual Sheet Music® and Classical Sheet Music Downloads® are trademarks of Virtual Sheet Music, Inc. in the US and other countries.
5) The Customer agrees to respect the terms of the following "License Agreement".
Carefully read all terms and conditions of this license agreement prior to downloading files from the Virtual Sheet Music website. The download of all or any portion of our music indicates your agreement to the following terms and conditions and the above terms of service.
Virtual Sheet Music grants you, the purchaser/customer/Member, a non-exclusive license to
use the files in your download (the PDF sheet music) under the terms and conditions stated in this agreement.
1) Make one copy of the PDF sheet music file(s) solely for back-up purposes.
2) Print the PDF sheet music file(s) for your personal purposes. (performances, personal study, musical teaching, etc.)
You may not:
1) Distribute copies of the PDF sheet music file(s) in whole or in part except as expressly provided for in this agreement (as stated above, it is always allowed to distribute parts for personal purposes such as to other instrument players in order to play in an ensemble or for music teaching).
2) Make alterations or modifications to the PDF sheet music file(s) or any copy, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the PDF sheet music file(s), extract, copy and paste the content of the PDF sheet music file(s) in another or new document.
3) Sub-license, lease, sell, rent or grant others any rights, or provide
copies to others, except for how written at point No.1 above (this is applied also to musical content such as our revisions, arrangements, transcriptions, etc.).
4) Make media translation of the PDF sheet music file(s).
5) Make telecommunication data transmission of the PDF sheet music file(s).
6) Utilize the musical content (of our copyright protected editions) for purposes other than above-mentioned (allowed are: personal/public performance, study, or teaching). Virtual Sheet Music has "All Copyrights Reserved" on all the sheet music on this site.
This agreement may be terminated at any time by destroying the PDF sheet music file(s), together with all copies in any form. This agreement will terminate if you fail to comply with any term or condition in this agreement.
|THIRD PARTY TERMS OF SERVICE:|
Virtual Sheet Music makes use of third party services with their own terms of service. Please, refer to the links below for details on such services' terms:
By using the above third-party services (such as the PayPal payment system or the YouTube API), users agree to be bound by PayPal and the YouTube Terms of Service.
If you have further questions, or for more information, please contact us.
Virtual Sheet Music, Inc.
Top of Page