Piano, Guitar, Violin, Voice, Trumpet, Cello, more...
Bach, Beethoven, Mozart,
|How is sheet music packaged?|
All Virtual Sheet Music® high quality editions are online printable sheet music to download or print instantly. They can be downloaded directly from our web site in PDF file format, and include MIDI and Mp3 audio files as well as Mp3 accompaniment files on most titles. Alfred®'s and Hal Leonard®'s editions are their own digital sheet music editions. Whereas Hal Leonard® editions can be downloaded and printed similarly to Virtual Sheet Music®'s (and often include online interactivity such as music transposition, playback, or instrumental change), Alfred® editions can be just printed or enjoyed on-screen. Schott Music® editions also include simple PDF files that can be downloaded and printed out.
|Is sheet music scanned from other editions?|
Absolutely not for Virtual Sheet Music® high quality editions. They are BEST QUALITY digital sheet music of our own design, edited by professional musicians and copyists and stored in PDF files at infinite resolution. This means that your printed document will be superior to other, more expensive, printed sheet music (of course depending on the quality of your printer). Hal Leonard® editions are also pure digital, even though their quality is not as high as Virtual Sheet Music®'s. Alfred® editions are often high quality photocopies of their own real, paper editions. Schott Music® editions are also pure digital and their quality is comparable to Virtual Sheet Music®'s.
PDF file (Portable Document Format) is a high quality graphic format created by Adobe Systems in order to have a single standard graphic file for all operating systems (WindowsTM, MacintoshTM, UnixTM and others).
You must have the latest version (5.0 or higher) of Adobe Reader program (downloadable for free directly from our site) in order to view and print PDF documents.
|I already have Adobe Reader but I am experiencing problems in viewing and printing my scores. Why?|
Because you need the latest version (5.0 or higher) of Adobe Reader program. You can download it for free directly from our site.
|Print-outs are too small or too big. Why?|
Because you need to adjust parameters in the print dialog window. Follow these steps:
- In the print dialog window, look for the "Page Scaling" option then select or de-select the "Fit page to paper" or "Fit to printable Area" or "shrink oversized pages to paper size" option before clicking OK. You may have different settings for the Page Scaling definition and it can change your output. Try different options if you have more than one (any printer may have more or different options in the print dialog window).
- In the "Print Setup..." dialog box, please be sure to select your appropriate paper size (A4 or US legal)
- You can even scale the output following these steps:
If you still have trouble, be sure to have installed the latest version of Adobe's Reader (5.0 or higher) then contact us.
- Select "Print Setup..." from the file menu
- In the printer section, click on the "Properties" button
- In the following windows, click on the "Advanced" button on the bottom left
- Finally, here you can control every parameter of your output (such as Graphic scaling, etc.)
|In the print-outs some of the staff lines are missing. How to fix this?|
Try one of the following:
If you still have problems, please contact us.
- Change the Page Scaling option of your print dialog window by unchecking or replacing the "Fit page to paper" or "Fit to printable Area" or "shrink oversized pages to paper size" option with any different setting before clicking OK to print your music. Often that is the cause of the problem. You may also try different Page Scaling options (any printer may have more or different options in the print dialog window).
- If you use a ink jet printer, try to clean the print heads (refer to your printer manual for the correct cleaning procedure). A dirty print head can give you bad printing quality.
|How can I retrieve an item I have just purchased?|
Nothing is more simple! To retrieve purchased PDF music files from our server, just go here and enter your purchase order/receipt number. You'll be able to retrieve your items instantly and download them on your computer. If you have any problems, don't hesitate to contact us.
|How can I obtain music not listed on the "Catalog" page?|
We recommend you make a request using the "request new music" links you can find around the site, or just submit your requests to us via email. We'll be delighted to hear from you!
|Can I have music sent me via e-mail?|
Yes, es, you can do that for all editions that include PDF files such as Virtual Sheet Music's, Hal Leonard's or Schott Music's. You can choose whether to download the music file(s) directly from our site, or receive them as file attachments to e-mail messages.
|Can I have discounted access to your archives by paying a one time fee?|
Yes! With our Sheet Music Downloads Membership, you can become a Member by paying only $37.75 to enjoy a tons of benefits, including exclusive discounts on all music on our site. Learn More....
|Is there any limit in the downloaded music? How many copies can I download and print?|
For the Alfred® repertoire, you are allowed to print out 1 copy of the music and it cannot be downloaded. For Virtual Sheet Music® or Hal Leonard® items instead, there are no limits and the music can be downloaded in PDF file format. We allow any personal use of our music such as:
- Print copies of music for public performances
- Print copies of music for personal study
- Print copies of music for personal teaching
- Print copies of music for any other personal purpose
We forbid only to mass download our sheet music with automated programs (mass downloading means using special programs to download hundreds of files in a matter of seconds which can overload and jam our server), resell our music in any way, modify and distribute it publicly in any way without our consent. Please, read our License Agreement to learn more or Contact Us with any questions or inquiries you may have, we will be delighted to hear from you.
Return to the Main FAQ page
Top of Page